This is the look of this page since version 1.5. For older versions, have a look here.
If you have clicked the "Advanced export" link in the project summary page, or you have chosen to export all projects, you will be taken to this page:
The "Filtering custom fields" options selects whether all custom fields will be exported or only those that are used by the exported project(s). Detailed explanations about the criteria for deciding whether a custom field is "used" by a project can be found here.
The "User export options" is a list that lets you select one way to handle user data during export. Available options are:
- Full export: This the default mode. When a user name is found anywhere in the exported configuration, the plugin looks for the user and adds its description to the exported items. If the user is invalid, the export will halt with an error.
- Ignore invalid users: When a user name is found which is not valid, the user and its description are not added to the exported items. The user name still appears as component or project lead, or in a permission/notification/issue security scheme in the exported file. Export will not halt in these cases. Currently, the plugin is able to detect an invalid user name in two situations:
- When it cannot find a user for that name.
- When the found user has an invalid email address (it does not conform to the pattern "X@Y" where X and Y are non empty strings)
- Do not export: No user will be exported, regardless it is valid or not. Export will not halt on an invalid user name.
"Group export options" offers the same choices for export of groups. Take into account that currently the only case detected as an "invalid" group is when a group cannot be found for a given name.
"Filter export options" lets you control export of filters. The choices are:
- None (default): no filter will be exported.
- Shared with all users: exports filters shared with all users will be exported.
- Shared with exported projects: exports filters shared with one or all the roles of any of the exported projects.
- With all users or with exported projects: exports filters that are shared with all users or with any of the exported projects. This is equivalent to the union of the filter sets exported by the previous two options.
- All shared filters: exports filters that have been shared with somebody else. This means that private filters, that are only visible to their respective owners, will not be exported.
- All filters (shared or private): export all filters in the instance, either shared or private.
"Dashboard export options" offers the same choices for export of dashboards. Take into account that if you choose to export some or all dashboards but none of the filters, those filters that are used from dashboards will be exported anyway, so that the exported configuration is complete.
Finally, the "Project XXX configuration export" launches the export with the selected options ("XXX" will be the project key).
What will happen when I load this configuration file?
When you are about to load a configuration file created with "Ignore invalid ..." or "Do not export" options, it is likely that it contains some references to users or groups (by their names) where those users/ groups are not included in the corresponding section of the configuration file. If a user/group with that name does not already exist in the target instance, there are some implications:
- Except in very rare cases (e.g. users/groups are the default values in a custom field) the load will not fail.
- However you are creating an inconsistency in your target instance. There will be a project, component, scheme,...using a user name or group name that does not correspond to a valid user/group.